Results Line 01623 550296
Please telephone the above number between 12:00 – 16:00
Blood tests take up to 7 days to be processed by the laboratory. Please leave sufficient time before calling for your results. X-rays and ultrasounds can take up to 14 days (and occasionally longer).
You will need to book a telephone consultation appointment with the GP two weeks after the test to discuss these results.
To ensure complete confidentiality we are only able to give results to the patient. We are not able to give results to partners, friends or parents (other than where the patient is a child is under 16 years).
If, after receiving your result from the nurse / HCA, you wish to discuss the test or your condition further, you will be given an appointment to see / speak to a GP.
Collecting Urine Samples
- Clean external genitalia with soap and water and holding the labia apart begin to pass urine into the toilet.
- Place a sterile container, e.g. jug in the line of flow and collect a midstream sample of at least 20mls, continue to pass the remainder of the stream into the toilet.
- After completing urination, transfer urine to a sterile red top Universal container.
- Cleaning the external genitalia is unnecessary, but retract the foreskin and discard the first part of the stream, as above.
- Urine bags are available from reception.
- Clean the area around the genitals with soap and warm water. Attach the bag using the sticky strip.
- You can leave the nappy on or off.
- It can take some time for urine to be passed.
- Once urine has been passed in the bag, transfer it to the bottle given to you. If there is only a small amount of urine, it should go in to a white top bottle.
When to Use:
White top universal bottle
For urine dipstick
For diabetes and CKD annual review
For urine culture and unable to produce more than 20mL of urine.
Red top universal bottle with boric acid
ONLY for urine culture (MSU / CSU)
Please do not tip out the powder which is there to preserve the urine.